I like to think that lead magnet’s are your superpower, but the majority of people haven’t figured out how to use them. Most people have the belief that sales from a website are basically-
People come to my website
Magic happens here and then they buy from you
All the money.
NOPE. I mean, it’s a solid idea but I don’t think it’s really helping?
98% of people who land on your website are simply not ready to purchase anything from you. And 70% of them are never coming back to your website again. Lead magnets are the amazing piece that help us close that gap and ensure we can get back in touch with our clients.
Here are the top 6 things you need to do to make a good lead magnet.
1. It solves a real problem – if your lead magnet doesn’t solve a real problem that your client has, or if it doesn’t give them something they really want, it won’t work at all.
2. Promises and delivers one quick win – your lead magnet should promise and provide your reader one quick win for your avatar. In other words, it should help them to easily achieve something. If there is a pay off on this one little downloadable, imagine what I could achieve after one session.
3. It is super specific – don’t create a lead magnet about something general. The more specific you are about the benefit of your lead magnet, the better it will convert leads.
4. It is quick to digest – They are clean, classic and easy to read. This is why PDF checklists tend to convert really well because they are so quick and easy to digest. Try to keep them short, snappy and to the point to avoid overwhelm.
5. It is instantly accessible – Don’t leave the potential client hanging. They want it now! And because you are brilliant at what you do, they are doing to get it now!
6. It shows your positioning – when someone consumes your lead magnet, it should demonstrate your expertise and positioning in one your area of expertise.
These little hacks can help us showcase our superhero powers in a very short snappy way, attract your ideal client and give you the ability to save the world.
If you’re struggling with this, head over to www.jemimahashleigh.com/contact and make a 25 Minute FREE Positioning Call and I can definitely help.
Jemimah Ashleigh x
+ Leave a comment